What are the things you need for the best fishing experience? A great fishing rod, fantastic reels, lures, and baits. That’s all? Are you forgetting something? How will you organize your gear and equipment? Yes, this is where you need the best tackle bags. When you are out there in the ocean or focusing on deep fishing, you need everything at an arm’s distance. Precisely, this is where tackle bags come to your rescue.
Right from the time tackle bags came into the picture, they have gained immense popularity. Today, every fishing adventure remains incomplete without a great tackle bag. If you are looking for the best tackle bags for saltwater fishing, then this is the perfect destination.
We know it can be overwhelming for you with all the varieties and sizes, that’s why we have compiled a list of top 8 tackle bags. All of them got good reviews from both experienced and novice anglers, and both are equally pleased with the performance. Besides, we will help you in understanding the factors that you need to consider before purchase. Overall, by the end of the article, you should be in a position to make an informed buying decision.
Image credit: Flickr.com
What are Tackle bags?
Tackle bags are storage solutions for anglers. For a perfect fishing experience, you need a lot of things – lures, baits, reels, lines, and so on. You can organize all your stuff inside a tackle bag and easily carry it along with you. These are lightweight and durable so that you can easily transport it, every time you go fishing. They have straps and handles and comes in various shapes and sizes. In short, your life becomes easy if you have the best tackle bags.
Advantages of using Tackle Bags:
Let us find out more about the benefits that you get if you have the best tackle bags.
The most significant advantage is that these bags are lightweight. Fabric exteriors not only make them lightweight but also waterproof. Thus, even if these bags are entirely loaded, you can easily take them from one place to another. On any given day, these would be a better alternative to the massive plastic tackle boxes.
Most of the tackle bags come with numerous inner compartments, adjustable dividers, and plenty of external pockets. They have flexible, removable straps, which means that you may carry it in different ways. Besides, there are multiple utility boxes for you to organize things in the best possible manner. The bigger ones can accommodate as many as eight utility boxes.
Unlike tackle boxes, you would not expect these bags to mold, crack, chip, or break. The best tackle bags would last for years. These have molded bottoms to prevent water leakage and sagging.
If you do not fil the entire bag, you can easily shrink them and reduce the size. This is not possible for boxes; they would cover the whole space; it does not matter whether it is full or empty. Most bags can stand even when they are empty. This gives you a lot of flexibility in terms of space, weight, and portability.
Even though you would fish in the waters, you would always want your gears and equipment to be away from the saltwater. Keeping them inside a tackle bag would ensure that they are safe, well-organized, and remain waterproof. This eliminates the chances of corrosion and rust.
Now let us look into the reviews for the top eight best tackle bags.
Top 8 Best Tackle Bags for Saltwater Fishing
1. Spiderwire Wolf Tackle Bag
You can almost carry your entire world in this tackle bag. It can accommodate up to 38-liters of stuff, and that is way more than you would need for a day’s fishing. This bag is sturdy and durable as it comes out of high-quality polyester material that can withstand all the harsh conditions.
The molded bottom of this bag is for protection, to ensure that the bag can stand even when it is not completely loaded. You need not worry about water leakage or any kind of sagging, which can be an issue with cheap and flimsy bags.
Besides, the multiple compartments on the inside, this bag has pockets on the exterior as well. That’s not all; you also have fishing rod holders on the side. You can carry all your lures, baits, knives, pliers, hooks, and grips safe and secured. This bag is all set to surpass all of your expectations.
- The bag comes from PVC backed rugged polyester and comes with adjustable shoulder straps.
- Has room for four large tackle boxes (included with the box), and the interior has adjustable dividers.
- Exterior has two pockets for pliers and fishing rod holders on the side.
- Comes with high-quality zippers, buckles, and latches.
- The tackle bag measures 15.75 x 10.8 x 8.2 inches in dimensions and weighs 6.35lbs with all the boxes inside.
- Supported by a manufacturer’s warranty for a lifetime from Spiderwire company.
- Well suited for different types of saltwater fishing
- Built from 1680 denier PVC backed polyester material
- External fishing rod dispensers
- Waterproof and super longevity
- More compartments than bags in a similar price range
- Buttons might get rusted after a while
- You can get irritated by the squeaking of the plastic attachments on the side
- Locking clips aren’t very smooth
2. KastKing Fishing Tackle Bag
KastKing always designs their products by assuring comfort and convenience for anglers. Over the years, they have come up with world-class fishing equipment and gears, and this tackle box is no exception. Get ready to pack your stuff and fish in style with the new KastKing Saltwater Fishing Tackle Bags.
The unique hydrophobic coating makes it waterproof and tough. These bags are ready to withstand any harsh and rough conditions. If you look at the bottom, it has a 100% molded base to ensure there is no water leakage even if you keep the bag in standing water. All of your gear will stay dry and neatly organized.
Talk about durability, and this would be your go-to bag season-after-season. The 420D ripstop nylon material ensures that the bag does not rip and tear. All the zippers and clamps are rust free and made of material with excellent quality.
The interior has a large number of compartments while the exterior has mesh coated pockets. Organize your stuff better than ever before and use the well-padded neo straps to carry it comfortably from one place to another.
- It can store up to 7 large 3600 tackle boxes inside it (6 boxes inside and one compartment outside) and has 12 pockets in the interior and exterior for storing tackles.
- The bag measures 15 x 11 x 10.25 inches in dimension
- It has double layered protection; the hydrophobic coating keeps moisture outside while the inner PVC lining protects your gears from inside.
- Comes with an incredibly functional design. You can easily access all the equipment, organize your stuff neatly, and not worry about rust or any kind of damage.
- The extra padding and non-slip shoulder strap are for your comfort and convenience.
- Exceptionally large hawg
- 11 pockets on the outside
- 100% water and rust-resistant
- High-performance composite hardware
- 420D heavy duty nylon material with a hydrophobic coating
- The tackle case/boxes do not come with the bag
- Plier holders are of inferior quality
3. Okeechobee Fats Fisherman Deluxe Tackle Bag
Looking for a sturdy, durable, and spacious bag, then check this one out. The Okeechobee tackle bag is the best tackle bag for all fishermen. Whether you are a novice or a seasoned angler, you would need all your things in an organized fashion. With ample compartments, multiple exterior pockets, this bag will secure all your tools and gears. No match for any other bag in this range!
Space is not an issue with this bag; the main interior compartment is enough to hold your tackle boxes while the outside pockets can store the knives, gloves, pliers, and so on. Additionally, check out the sunglass compartment!
You can use this bag for camping, trekking, hiking, or any other outdoor activity. This versatile bag will never pose any problem for you.
- Made from 100% heavy-duty water-resistant fabrics
- Comes with a neoprene handle for comfortably carrying it from one place to another
- Large pockets on the outside with high-quality zip liners
- The main compartment can accommodate up to 8 boxes (included with the tackle bag)
- Adjustable, non-slip shoulder straps
- The tackle bag measures 16.4 x 13.9 x 10.2 inches in dimension while the boxes measure 13.5 x 8.4 x 1.8 inches in dimension
- A large number of pockets to secure all your items
- Hardcover bound pocket for storing your sunglass
- Comes with high durability and ruggedness
- Cost-effective option as compared to other bags
- Lifetime warranty from the manufacturer
- The shoulder strap is not of UV protected materials
4. Ugly Stik Fishing Bag
Big bags, when fully loaded, becomes too heavy to carry, while the smaller ones would not give enough room for all the items. This is where the Ugly Stik comes into the picture. A 15lt bag with lots of spaces and room for all your gears, pliers lures, baits, and reels.
This fantastic tackle bag features a non-stick molded bottom to keep it waterproof and secured. You cannot get something more durable and tough than this bag. It comes with a well-padded shoulder strap and a mess lined handle to ensure you can comfortably carry your new partner wherever you go.
The bag is hugely spacious. You can fit in 4 tackle boxes on the inside, and there are three messed pockets on the outside. With so many compartments, you simply cannot miss on anything. If you are thinking about the material, then consider the high performance delivered by top-notch polyesters. This bag must be your companion on the next fishing trip.
- High-quality polyester material with a large number of compartments, molded bottom area to prevent sagging.
- The bag measures 9.65 x 11.4 x 7.7 inches in dimension and comes with a lifetime warranty.
- You can fit in 4 large tackle boxes inside this bag (each box measuring 10.2 x 6.6 x 1.6 inches and also included with the bag)
- The shoulder strap is excellently padded and is very comfortable. Additionally, you can remove the strap by unhooking the clamps.
- All the zips, clamps, and pockets are of high quality, and the bag weighs only 2 lbs.
- Comes with internal adjustable dividers
- Suitable for kayak fishing as well
- The molded bottom keeps your items dry
- Very easy to carry from point A to B
- Excellent performance in all saltwater environment
- Many lines have single zipper systems
5. Piscifun Storage Fishing Tackle Shoulder Backpack
The best thing about this bag is that you can change its style according to your mood. Use it as a handbag, shoulder bag, sling bag, chest bag, or crossbody bag; all you need to do is to adjust the straps, and you get your style. With the full-length double zip, excellent craftsmanship, and waterproof design, this bag is sure to take your fishing experience to the next level.
We are amazed at its space, it has three compartments on the inside, and plenty of external pockets. There are pockets to keep your water bottle, sunglass, phones, and other accessories. This superior-quality bag is made out of high-quality nylon and is sure to last for a long time. Do not worry about its durability or doubt its ruggedness. It is tough and is ready to withstand abuse.
Before I forget, even your kids can use this bag for trekking or outdoor travel.
- Water-resistant 1000D nylon material ensures that all your items are completely safe and dry. The shock absorbent buckles and straps are ready to withstand any harsh conditions, while the SBS zippers ensure durability.
- The shoulder straps are detachable and exchangeable. The main strap measures 51.2″ in length while the associate one can measure till 36.2″.
- This tackle bag measures 11.8*8.3*3.9 inches in dimensions and gives you sufficient room to store all your accessories.
- You will be stunned with its ergonomic design. The reflective straps keep you safe at night by reflecting light coming from the opposite direction.
- There are three main pockets on the inside and three zippered pockets on the outside. This is probably the best choice for any outdoor activity.
- Tough, durable, and waterproof 1000D nylon material
- Versatile bag and the style are adjustable
- Lot of external pockets to store items separately
- Mesh design for the rear part
- Corrosion-resistant SBS full-length double zipper system
- The water bottle pocket is pretty small
- No options for connecting forceps, net, or clippers
- Padding on the shoulder is not sufficient
6. Blisswill Fishing Backpack Outdoor Tackle Bag
With sufficient storage space, excellent quality straps and zippers, numerous external pockets, and splendid design, the Blisswill Fishing Tackle Bag is for the next-gen anglers. Whether you are new to this sport or seasoned enough, you will surely love this backpack.
Are you eco-conscious? Trying to make an impact on this planet? This bag is the best choice for you; the material is durable, environment-friendly, and recyclable. You will surely love this decision. But is that all? Definitely not! You can use this bag in multiple styles, handbag, shoulder bag, or sling bag. Choose your style and adjust the straps accordingly.
The bag is corrosion-resistant and waterproof and comes with a leak-proof and easy to maintain interior compartments. It has adequate space for the tackle boxes and numerous pockets on the outside to store all your accessories.
- This excellent bag comes from high-quality 1000D nylon fabric. It is waterproof, durable, resistant to abrasion.
- It comes with adjustable and detachable shoulder straps. This allows you to adjust the straps according to your preferred style (sling, hand, shoulder, or chest bag)
- Measures 12*8.7*6 inches in dimension and comes in four color options (black, khaki, green, and camouflage color)
- The front face has a unique triangular strap design to widen the area. This takes away the pressure from your shoulders and reduces any kind of fatigue.
- You can easily store all your lures, pliers, boxes, baits, poles, and keys within this bag. It has adequate space for all your requirement.
- Environment-friendly material is long-lasting and non-toxic.
- Eco-friendly material
- Durable, waterproof, and resistant to abrasion
- Can use it for hiking, trekking, or other outdoor adventure
- Worth every penny you spend on it
- Exchangeable and adjustable shoulder straps
- The straps might give up if you load it excessively
- Zippers are of poor quality
7. Yogayet Portable Outdoor Fishing Tackle Bag
When you combine style, performance, and ease of use, you will come across this tackle bag. The Yogayet Portable Outdoor Fishing Tackle Bag is an excellent choice for outdoor saltwater fishing. You will get amazed by its high-quality workmanship, fantastic buckles, straps, and zippers, adjustable Velcro, and adequate storage compartments.
You also get an additional waist strap for better support. Besides, you can adjust the straps and choose between a shoulder bag and sling bag style. The big compartment on the inside is enough for your large tackle boxes, while the small compartment is for all the additional gears. You can comfortably store your accessories on the external zippered pockets.
Another stand out feature is the high-quality zipper. The YKK zipper system gives you smooth and quick action. If you are in search of a compact and portable tackle bag, then this is your best companion.
- This bag measures 15.75″ x 5.91″ x 7.48″ in dimensions and comes with two large boxes and one small container to store all your equipment.
- The Yogayet bag comes from the best quality 600D waterproof nylon fabric, made to withstand shock and abrasion.
- Buckles and zippers are of excellent quality. The YKK zippers are smooth, durable, and have accurate occlusion.
- This bag features an additional waist strap. Besides, you can adjust the detachable shoulder straps for varying your style of carrying the bag.
- Comes with one main compartment (can accommodate the two large boxes), two pockets on the side, and one front space for the small tackle box.
- Additional support with the waist strap
- Waterproof, durable, and abrasion-resistant 600D nylon material
- Plenty of space to store all your gears and accessories
- A versatile bag for all kinds of outdoor activities
- May not be well suited for kayak fishing
- It is not very big
8. Rolling X-Large Tackle Backpack
Who would you like to be? A nagging fisherman who bugs others because he has forgotten his stuff or the angler who is not only self-dependent but also helps others with their gears and equipment. You should always be the later one.
This fishing tackle bag from Calissa is one such bag that can take both use and abuse perfectly. With all the different compartments and pockets, ready access trapdoor, corrosion-resistant feature, and easy to carry mechanism, you can rely on this partner.
The bag is versatile, well-suited for both saltwater and freshwater fishing. Along with being waterproof, it comes with an additional rain cover for extra protection. Your items stay neatly organized and always dry. The bottom has molded compression along with wheels. You can carry it on your shoulders as well as pull easily on flat roads.
- Has enough space for five tackle boxes (5 x 3650 included with the bag) In case you are planning to have bigger boxes, adjust the dividers on the top.
- You can easily carry it on your shoulders with the comfortable shoulder straps, or pull it like a trolley on flat terrains.
- The bag comes from high-quality breathable fabric, which is durable and corrosion-resistant. You also get extra rain cover to increase the lifespan of your new buddy.
- The easy-access front door allows you to access all your tackle boxes at once.
- Comes with a 30-day free trial period and a one-year defect warranty from the manufacturer.
- Customizable and offers a large amount of space
- Comes with a rolling feature for easy maneuverability
- Extra compression on the bottom to prevent water leakage and sagging
- Well-padded, breathable shoulder straps
- May not be well suited for long sea fishing activities
- There are no feet on the front of the bag; it can often tilt towards the front
Best Tackle Bags for Saltwater Fishing – Buying Guide
You might get confused with so many options around you. Most of them would look similar, having almost the same specifications. Your choice depends on your needs, the place where you will fish, the kind of fish you are aiming for, and the frequency of your activity. Before you make a final choice, you must learn about the must-have specs on your tackle bag. These factors can profoundly impact the quality of your experience.
For design, you have to consider between a hard shell and softshell. Hard shells are heavy but allow the trays to come out quickly. On the other hand, sagging can be a problem with the soft ones if not filled. But remember that soft ones are always light.
Size and Storage
This would depend on the number of tackle boxes you want to fit; you have all the options, from two to six. In case you opt for the big ones (fitting five to six tackle boxes), then we recommend you to go for the ones with wheels. It would help you maneuver it from one place to another. Also, check the number of inner compartments, external pockets, and zippered lines.
All tackle bags will promise a lot of space, but you need to choose the most durable ones. Those made of 1000D nylon are tough and can withstand a lot of abrasions. Cheap quality materials will give way easily and tear down on full load.
This goes without saying that the bag has to be waterproof. During saltwater fishing, you would like to keep your tackles dry and rust-free. Hence, your bag must be waterproof and weather-resistant. We recommend that you also get a rain cover for extra protection.
Comfort and Convenience
You would not want to get tired by the time you reach your fishing point. Fatigue is something you would always want to avoid. That’s why we recommend the bags with wheels or well-padded shoulder straps so that you can comfortably carry it from one point to another. Breathable mesh, extra comfort pad, and adjustable straps add to your convenience.
Initially, the idea of getting the best saltwater tackle bag might be challenging, but by now, you must feel confident about the different features and how to make the decision to buy the best bag. In case you have any further doubts, we say you can research a bit on the top 2 – 3 choices of yours before making a decision. Whatever may be your choice, we want you to have the most fantastic fishing experience every single time you head out to the deep sea!